Farewell Oklahoma (sort of)

POSTED IN | 11:46 PM
My tag was two months overdue and I knew it was time. A trip to the county clerk's office and $140 later I walked out with two shiny new plates. I don't know if they were made by felons in a remote prison somewhere, but I like to think so. Just more interesting that way.

I guess this means goodbye to my Sooner state. I don't really know. I still have my Okie license, but no longer is my vehicle tied to the state where the wind comes sweeping down the plains (though admittedly, the wind does A LOT of sweeping here in Wyoming too. good gravy!). So, I guess you could say I'm kind of confused, legally speaking. Who am I?

But I thought it best to commemorate the event. But don't worry, I'll always bleed crimson and cream. I'm down but not out...


Preparing the patient. "Scalpel...I mean screwdriver..."


out with the old.


Off she comes. i had to soothe the Camry. She was getting a little nervous. Kind of an identity crisis of sorts. I calmed her with talk of a premium petrol fill up and a nice oil change. Seemed to work for now.


True sign of a road warrior. Ol' Cam is pushing 200k these days.


going...going...


BLAST OFF! Is it coincidence that the letters "O" and "K" are randomly in my new license plate? Or that I'm currently 24 years old? I think it's a sign, just don't know what it means.


Ol' Cam has never had a front license plate before. This also took some calming and comforting on my part. She's not one to tolerate a lot of changes. And she's already complaining about the cold.


The full picture. This is the hood where I live. Quite nice really. Better when there are leaves I think.


almost...there...


Sca-wing! Provides front bug protection too!


Farewell, Native America...*tear*...


Go Wyo!


Then we celebrated.


Another memento for the wall of family history.

Special thanks to Hannah for the photo documentation. Truly your heroic efforts will not be forgotten on this most historic occasion.
SUBSCRIBE

2 Responses to 'Farewell Oklahoma (sort of)'

  • peachesandplums said...
    http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2008/11/farewell-oklahoma-sort-of.html?showComment=1227291540000#c8807126665091229558'> 12:19 PM

    so, i keep telling my mom that I will never move out of the state again after paying over $400 to register!!!

    and I can't believe they let you keep your plate! they even punched a hole in my license here.

    just like prison...

     
  • http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2008/11/farewell-oklahoma-sort-of.html?showComment=1227326280000#c4639452994474286334'> 9:58 PM

    When I saw the license plate, I thought you picked it! That was just a "chance pick"? Wow, weird!