A Fairy Good Time

POSTED IN | 10:18 PM
Well friends, as the days grow shorter and the nights a crisp 40-some degrees, there are sure signs this summer is nearly over here on the high plains. Most notably, it's that time again for the Wyoming State Fair, hosted by none other than my lovely metro of Douglas, Wyo!

Amigos J.Vo and J.Al (venerable Sooner Statesmen in their own right) descended on Douglas this past weekend for the fair kickoff, reining in the spectacle as only respectable Okies can. We had not an abismal time, and with only a few groggy mornings to show for our revelries.

It's surprising to think I started at the newspaper at this time last year. WOW. Where has the time gone, my dear chillens? Thus it's with my approximate one-year anniversary that I'll be bidding farewell to the Douglas Budget newspaper and Wyoming within a number of days. My final day is next week.

It's been a mostly good, challenging run on all levels but I know it's time to be looking forward, as a single, minimally tied-down individual is wont to do. But don't worry, you particular Douglasites who made my time here worthwhile, you'll not be forgotten. Pretty sure I would've shriveled into a decrepit sack of worthlessness back in mid-February without you all.

As for where I'm going? It's back to OK for at least a spell. Then it's que sera sera mis amores. But stay tuned. I'll let you know when I get "there"...

SUBSCRIBE

2 Responses to 'A Fairy Good Time'

  • Sar(rah!) said...
    http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2009/08/fairy-good-time.html?showComment=1250000297947#c8007607647448744779'> 9:18 AM

    Awesome photo, John! Can't wait to see what is in store for you next! :)

     
  • http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2009/08/fairy-good-time.html?showComment=1250004392893#c7097630580333250726'> 10:26 AM

    I believe groggy is an understatement for some of our party.