Hiking to the Cross

POSTED IN | 11:19 PM
'Tonio and I hiked up a mountain this morning. It's near San Jose and in a place called Alajualita. You might remember this as the place where I was robbed back in October. So, lots of memories. Thankfully there were no repeats of thieving greatness today though, and we enjoyed a crisp if not blustery day on the CR mountain side.


San Jose valley panoramic.


Antonio using all his senses to absorb the scenery.


It was RATHER wet. Not much rain, but lots of mist and a sodden path.


The "I'm cold" pose. I guess...


The first cross, farther down the mountain. There are three dispersed on the trail.


Cross at the top. The sights from the summit were spectacular. Sadly, the clouds were too. But what can you do. That's hiking in the rainy season.


Big man. Big cross.


Decoration.


Foliage.
SUBSCRIBE

2 Responses to 'Hiking to the Cross'

  • Anonymous said...
    http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2007/11/hiking-to-cross.html?showComment=1195510560000#c968645421952546475'> 4:16 PM

    I will gladly be the first to comment on the striking similarity to Matthew Broderick. Great pics! You make me sad I'm not tagging along with Mandy to visit CR.

     
  • Anonymous said...
    http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2007/11/hiking-to-cross.html?showComment=1195518240000#c4693545767323710586'> 6:24 PM

    As usual, Mandy has corrected me. John looks nothing like Matthew Broderick, however he does look like Matthew McConaughey in the 3rd pic.