Hoist up the Sloop John B

POSTED IN | 10:38 PM
Wyoming so owes us. We went sailing Saturday at Glendo Reservoir, about two hours north of Cheyenne. Beautiful place. Amigo Josh popped up from the Rawlins metro to be an integral part of the elite crew. Uncle Bob brought his 70s vessel up from Denver for what we hoped would be a brilliant sail about.

And it HAD been windy EVERY DAY in Wyoming since I got here last summer. So wouldn't you know it that the state would stiff us when we actually NEEDED the wind whilst literally going NOWHERE on the lake with our sails luffing and rudder pitifully amidships. I was hand paddling at one point. Oh, the shame.

Wyoming, why do you hate me? I thought we were on pretty good terms lately. Sure we've had our scraps. I mean I thought you were over my cursing your winter? Seriously. I even played Mahjong with your grandparents like you asked...

Then you pull this windless tomfoolry on Saturday. How am I supposed to take that?

And the very next day you blow so strong again? Sinister.

Should've just dumped me for my best friend and gotten it over with...

Why Wyoming, why...


The crew: Me, Hannah, Josh, Uncle Bob and Aunt Cheryl. We didn't really sail as much as we did float in place, but at least the conversation was worthwhile. Good times, crew, even if the Equality State didn't hold up its end of the bargain. Anybody know a good divorce lawyer?
SUBSCRIBE

3 Responses to 'Hoist up the Sloop John B'

  • Julie said...
    http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2009/07/hoist-up-sloop-john-b.html?showComment=1247577993600#c4838795052196652533'> 8:26 AM

    Well, you know that sailing is just glorified floating, right? Dave & I had that experience just this last weekend when the wind gave out on us. :)

     
  • Hannah said...
    http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2009/07/hoist-up-sloop-john-b.html?showComment=1247586124662#c1988917118945334550'> 10:42 AM

    You're not sailing. You're just floating with style!

    And, ahem, there's a good law-yer down on S. Second. He'll take care of ya...

     
  • http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2009/07/hoist-up-sloop-john-b.html?showComment=1247799259183#c8983425215383619186'> 9:54 PM

    Signed the papers yet? August is right around the corner!