Willie, will you marry me?

POSTED IN | 2:14 AM
It's pretty remarkable the experiences you can have by putting yourself "out there." Living on the edge, riding life hard into the corners and seldom pitting, even when when there's 40 laps till the checker and Harvick is down three spots and getting tires (that's my first ever NASCAR metaphor/reference on this blog, I think. curious).

So sometimes life is lived on the cutting edge, amidst gulps of provocative high-risk cocktails.

And then, sometimes extraordinary adventures just come along and fall in your unexpecting lap. Like a wet herring.

Thus, I saw the best live concert performance of my life only weeks ago in my first ever visit to Casper, Wyoming (the state's 2nd largest metropolis w/50k. yeah! go rurality!).

So entered Mr. Nelson with his bag of magic. And I won't belabour the point, but just to say friends. Amigos. Compadres. Cohorts. Dudes. Dudettes. Musical patrons of the world — if you have the chance, you must see Willie in person. Just an all-around amazing performance by an old-school legend. I wanted to cry, I wanted to dance, I wanted to tap my foot till the cows came home, I wanted to drink cheap beer (oh, wait).

And magically, the tix were free through a friend who works at the Casper Star-Trib who wrote a piece about the concert for the paper. Choice.

So, you NASCAR folks can keep your haphazard cocktails to yourselves for now. I'll take the unexpected pleasures on this go-round.

p.s. Willie said he's not ready for that kind of relationship commitment yet...

The PICS!!!


can't quite remember what state he's from...
oh, the Lone Star hubris...






Good representation of the experience. Incidentally I sat beside a lady who went to OU and has a sister living in Norman. Random, but intriguing.


GOODNIGHT, CASPER!
SUBSCRIBE

2 Responses to 'Willie, will you marry me?'

  • http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2008/09/willie-will-you-marry-me.html?showComment=1220725020000#c5474084915514733163'> 1:17 PM

    Willie Nelson? The concert of a lifetime?

    Disturbia.

    I need to take you to the opera.

     
  • dinah bess said...
    http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2008/09/willie-will-you-marry-me.html?showComment=1220846280000#c295460111603056540'> 10:58 PM

    Willie Rocks! He's like a billion years old and still goin' strong! You gotta love that!

     

Archives