Eat your heart out, Sammy

POSTED IN | 9:20 PM

The commercial grocery store market is pretty big here in Costa Rica. At least it is in San Jose. You find a lot of American-style stores around the city, selling American stuff alongside local goods. And I learned that not too long ago, a little company called Wal-Mart Stores Incorporated bought out Hiper Mas, a big chain in Costa Rica. They sucked up some other chains too along their way to country-wide dominance. They kept the names of the stores, but redirected the cashflow Arkansas-ward.

So I guess I'm still managing to support The Machine, even after getting out of Dodge. Not sure how I feel about this...
SUBSCRIBE

1 Response to 'Eat your heart out, Sammy'

  • http://justpixels2.blogspot.com/2007/09/eat-your-heart-out-sam.html?showComment=1189179540000#c2184476703377144021'> 10:39 AM

    I prefer the blue whale over the floating yellow smiley head.

     

Archives